2 c frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (you want to try to squeeze out as much water as possible
1 c chopped greens (we used a mix of finely chopped kale and riced broccoli)
4 large eggs
1 extra egg (for an egg wash)
1 tbs water
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
10 oz Greek Feta cheese, crumbled (reserving 2 tbs for the top of the pie)
1/4 c grated parmesan
1 c chopped green herbs (we used a mix of basil, parsley and dill but feel free to choose your own!)
zest of 1 lemon
2 heaped tbs Seed + Mill Everything Bagel spice
1 sheet of store bough puff pastry, thawed
1. Preheat the oven to 350º F.
2. In a bowl, place the drained spinach, cup of greens, eggs, olive oil, feta (leaving out 2 tbs for the top of the pie), parmesan, herbs, lemon zest, 1 tbs Everything Bagel spice mix. Gently mix until well combined.
3. Roll out the puff pastry so that if you place into your pie dish, it would have an overhang of about 1.5 inches. For example, if using an 18 inch pie dish, you would need your pastry to have a 22 inch diameter.
4. Place the dough into the base of the pie dish and spoon the filling in the center.
5. Lift, fold and twist the dough that is on the lip of the pie dish around the edge so that you end up with a 1 inch pie crust. See this video for more detailed instructions!
6. Bring the edges of the dough up and over the spinach.
7. Create egg wash by whisking egg in a bowl and adding 1 tbs water.
8. Brush the edge of the pastry with the egg wash and sprinkle the final 1 tbs Everything Bagel spice around the edge of the dough.
9. Sprinkle top of the pie with extra reserved feta.
10. Transfer to the oven and bake for 50 minutes, until pastry has ‘puffed up’ and is golden brown.
Serve warm or at room temperature. Serves 6 people.
Sosyal medyada paylaş...!
Beşe Helva 2021 ürün kataloğunu incelemek için tıklayın...
Alışveriş deneyiminizi iyileştirmek için yasal düzenlemelere uygun çerezler (cookies) kullanıyoruz.